LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807252 during a VISA read.

Hi julesjay,

Could you please let me know if you are using any timed-loops or higher priority vi's in your program? Also if you replace these with regular loops and normal priority vi's, do you still see the same error? Please let me know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,005 Views)

Hi Steven,

I've got some timed loops with different priority. But I've tried to set the highest priority for the RS232 loop and nothing changes.

regards

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(2,002 Views)
Hi julesjay,

I was asking if there was a timed loop or higher priority vi because we may have seen this error in the past with a similar setup. Removing all timed loops and vi priority was the workaround for that particular case as the VISA thread was being starved. You may want to doing try this. Please let me know if doing this gets rid of the error. Thanks and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Steven
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,985 Views)

Hi Matt, could you possibly clarify how to carry out those solutions or at least point me in the right direction? newbie

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,092 Views)

Hi Susan,

This thread is 10 years old and Matt hasn't posted for years.  In any case, since I assume this is about your other recent issue trying to communicate with a prototyed circuit it is unlikely that simple Serial or VISA protocol fixes will help you.  It would be best if you started a new thread and posted an example of the communication stream you're trying to interpret.  Please just post the text to the forum.  Docx files can contain malicious macros and many people (including me) will not open them.  I would also suggest conferring with the creator of the prototype and getting as much detail about protocol used as you possibly can.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 25 of 25
(1,073 Views)