LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0x8007007E with Point Grey Research Camera

I am trying to use a Point Grey Research camera with Labview. I can get the camera to show up under Devices and Interfaces in NI MAX, but if I click on it, I get Error 0x8007007E which says an undetermined error has been encountered. Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(738 Views)

In what way are you "trying to use" it?  With some NI vision software, or direct communication?

Point Grey was acquired by FLIR, and for FLIR cameras I have been able to use the Spinnaker SDK with its .NET interface to interact with it in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(728 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using a Chameleon CMLN-13S2M camera from point grey (now FLIR), and have been trying to use it via IMAQdx. I have downloaded FlyCap2 and have been able to run the camera using that, and it does show up in NI-MAX, but when I click on it in NI-MAX, I get that error. It also doesn't show up as a camera option in the IMAQdx VIs either, even though I have gotten other cameras to work with those.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(718 Views)

Could you post a screenshot of NI-MAX showing exactly where it shows up along with the page to the right showing any settings it might have?

Also in the screenshot, could you expand the "Software" section on the left to show the versions of everything you have installed?

Finally, have you checked Windows device manager to see where the camera shows up there and that it's not showing any problems?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(700 Views)