Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoder2 not resetting to zero

Cannot reset encoder2 to zero.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,243 Views)

Forgive me I didn't include information below.

One stepper motor using encoder for closed loop.  Can I connect another encoder without using a motor? 

Using LabVIEW along with a PCI-7332 and an UMI7774 interface to drive a stepper motor with encoder feedback.  System is setup in closed loop mode for control.  Need to add another encoder to the system without attaching a motor.  I'm validating encoders one to the other.  Can this be done?  What kind of latency should I expect?  I've attached a simple vi.  Need an answer prior to purchase.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,241 Views)

Hi dg_lbe,

Can you provide a bit more information regarding the behavior you are observing? Specifically, what happens when you run the code? Is there a specific error that occurs? If you can provide a bit more information I will be able to better assist you. I also see that your second post here is similar to the forum post here, which has been marked as answered. Do you still have questions regarding latencies? If so, please continue that portion of your discussion in the other post for the benefit of the community.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,224 Views)
Well encoder 2 doesn't reset to 0. It does count however. Moved encoder to axis 3 and functions properly. With the snippet of code. Thinking that in order to use encoder 2 axis 2 would have to be enabled.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,219 Views)