LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing selected rows in multicolumn listbox

Hello Community,

Hope you guys are doing good.

Is there any way to edit the particularly selected rows(using checkbox) in multicolumn listbox, even though i disable the editable cells option for the multibox listbox.

Regards,

John Marcus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(108 Views)

Hi,

What you want to do is not very clear.

By editing the rows, do you mean manually or programmatically (through property/method nodes)?

If you want to edit them manually, why disable "Editable Cells"?

Also, when you click an existing row, LabVIEW automatically selects it, so with your logic, every row will be editable anyway.

Please explain in more details what you want to achieve and possibly attach an example VI with what you have tried (saved for previous version, max 21.0).

Regards,

Raphaël.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(65 Views)

Hi 

Thank you for your response.

I don't want to edit the entire listbox, so i disabled "Editable Cells", i just need to edit the selected rows(selected using checkbox) manually during the runtime.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(43 Views)

The MCLB has an "Allow Editing Cells" property. You should be to use the mouse move event, create an invoke node for the MCLB and select the Point to Row Column method to get the specific row and if that row is in your list, set the property to true. In principle, you could also use the symbols display on the MCLB to show your checkboxes, and if the user is the one who selects which rows can be edited (I expect not), use the same method to detect the click on the symbol and toggle the row state accordingly.

Another option might be something like using a single or double click event and if it's on an editable row, pop up a modal dialog which has a nicer UI for editing the value. I'm not a fan of editing things directly in text tables most of the time anyway, so I think I would prefer that anyway.

(10 Views)