LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Overlay Text

Hello,

I have a bunch of text overlay'ed on top of an image. I group each overlay'ed text numerically (e.g 1,2,3,4...).

Every now and then, I would like to change the text properties of a previous group (e.g color, font size, font type, etc).

Is there a way to recall a overlay'ed text and change its properties ?

Currently I delete the group and and overlay the text again.

I am using:

• LabVIEW 2013
  • NI VDM 2016

- Sable

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,807 Views)

To redraw the whole group sounds reasonable to me while you don't have to redraw hundrets of text- lines.

For me it didn't become clear how you create the overlayed text. Do you place text- controls on top of the image? Do you draw the text with 2D- picture functions. Perhaps you can post a simplified version of your VI pointing out the problem?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,782 Views)

Hi Dave,

I created the overlayed text using the IMAQ Overlay Text.

Attached is a simple demo vi.

1) Run the vi --> select an image (any image).

2) The vi will overlay 3 text output on the image (A1, A2, A3) at specific locations.

The problem I have is editing these texts after they are written. For example, I would like to change the font color of A1 from red to blue at a later stage. What I do now is erase the text A1 (by using the IMAQ Clear Overlay) and recreate A1 overlay in blue font color.

I would like to know if there is a better way for me to call upon a previous overlay and change the properties without having to erase and recreate the overlay?

- Sable

Message 3 of 3
(1,765 Views)