LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a build spec

Solved!
Go to solution

I just made the big leap from Labview 7 to Labview 2011.  The whole project thing is new to me.

How do I edit a build spec.  I want to add a dynamic vi to the build spec but I do not see any way to edit an existing build spec.  I'm sure this is a simple thing to do but I just don't see it.  Any help appreciated.

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,286 Views)

Right click on the build spec. and do properties.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,284 Views)

Ok.  I did that and it brings up the build spec and on the Source Files tab there is no way to make a new entry.

Puzzling.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,279 Views)

You add more files the same way you did originally when you created the build spec.

Show a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Are you sure you have added your new files to the project?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,265 Views)

OK.  I think I know what is going on.

I did not "create" the build spec.  I used the Convert Build Script from the tools menu to convert a Labview 7 .bld file to a Labview 2011 project file.  For some reason it appears that the converted file cannot be modified (at least adding project files on the Source Files tab cannot be done).

I went back to the .bld file, added a dynamic vi there and reconverted and everything was OK.  I find this behaviour strange but I can live with it.

Thanks for your help.

David

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,245 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Lieberman

It is not strange behavior. You are not doing it right. You don't add the files in the build spec - you add them to the project. Once they are in the project they will be available in the Source Files tab.

Please review the documentation the LabVIEW Help on managing projects.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,238 Views)