LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening VI's written in Full with the Base package

So I wrote a program in the Labview "Full" Development package. We are sending the source code to one of our vendors so they can build a similar test system to test their parts before they ship them to us. 

The vendor understandably want to spend as little as possible on this but they also need to be able to modify the VI's for their test equipment. So they are wanting to only purchase the Labview "Base" package. I have looked through the differences and the only thing I see that they will not have that I used is "Event" structures. I only used one of two in a couple sub-vi's.

Will they be able to open and modify these vi's to change them back to a more "standard" method with the "Base" package? Or will I have to modify them before I send it?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,949 Views)

I would say that the having the event structure is the "more standard method".  Unfortuanetly, the Base package is a bit crippled by not having them.

They should be able to open your VI with the event structure.  I think they can even run it just fine.  The only problem is that they won't be able to do any modifications to the event structure itself like add another event case, modify the properties of an event case, or add a new event structure.  Any modifications they make to the VI will have to be limited to other code.

Not 100% sure because I have never tried using the Base package before, but that is what I remember reading several years ago in other forum threads.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,941 Views)

Okay thanks, it sounds like they are going to only buy the "base" package so I hope it works for them...

As for

@Ravens Fan wrote:

I would say that the having the event structure is the "more standard method".  

Event structurs are still one of them "fancy new fangled things" to me having jumped directly from Labview 5.11 to 8.0...

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,935 Views)