LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMG angle relationship

Hello ,

I got this EMG recordings tody in the labratory. They are for flexing an extending elbow joint with 3 channles on muscles Biceps brachii EMG, Brachioradialis EMG, and Triceps medial  (See the csv file). The data in the csv file are in this sequence from left to right colum :

Angle(rad), Angular velocity(r/s),Angular acceleration(r/s^2), Biceps brachii EMG, Brachioradialis EMG, Triceps medial, and Angle (deg).

What is required from me now is to relate the EMG signals to the Angle of movement (see the word file plots of EMG and angle). Having the plot of the Angle in degrees and the EMG signals from biceps and triceps, how to relate them together to extract the value of the angle during each peak of EMG signals ? . After answering this question i can go back to the labview code and establish thresholds for the envelop with relation to the angles to make the arrow of the simple human- elbow angle design (designed gauge indicator ranges from 0 to 150 degree as the actual range) I made moves according to the angle of movement instantaneously .

An idea came to my mind is using equations. I believe that there are equations to make this EMG angle conversion and can be applied in the labview code, but I have to idea what these equations are and how to link them in the software.

I have also attached a word files containing the labview plots of the csv data just in case the labview code didn't open with you if 
you don't have the Biomedical toolkit in your labview software. 

Any informaion about EMG angle relationship is appreciate.

Best wishes, 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,747 Views)

I'm not sure exactly what you're question is, with respect to LabVIEW. Do you just need help making up an equation? Use the Numeric palette to create any kind of equation you could want.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,740 Views)