LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically combine clusters

@nollMarvin wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I also hab the tree control in mind. But i didn't consider it further because of the different data types.

In my understanding i would have use strings and then parse the data, e.g. a path, from that string. Is there a way around this?

I wouldn't worry about a few types too much. The class could simply return an array of variants, and the tree will need to support them.

Usually the difficulty is that some parameters might interact with others. Other problem is that you might want the class to set limits, increment values and such. It's easy for simple cases, and gets difficult very soon.

Check out NI's configuration editor framework. I don't like adding an entire project in my project, but it might inspire or help you.

The subpanel solution is probably easier although you don't get instant gratification.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(303 Views)

Hi Marvin,

I don't have LabVIEW 2016 installed, so I can't look at your vi.

Attached is a possible implementation without using LV-OOP.

It uses a tab control configured as a "wizard" with Previous and Next buttons.

Instrument selection is handled with an array of booleans (Inst Array).

Also, if you need your clusters in an array you can convert them to variants.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(279 Views)

If you want to show several instruments at once with different clusters you can have several subpanels and have the objects clusters into them.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(272 Views)