From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically called vis missing llb vis

Solved!
Go to solution

From my Main, I'm calling a number of vi's dynamically and it works fine in the development system. However, a few will not come up in my exe but won't give me an error.

I added x10 option to my open vi reference.vi to "Prompt to find missing subvis" and it's missing 2 Modbus vis from the modbus.llb. How/why does this happen and how do I fix it (besides copying the llb into my project - that seems kind of silly)

Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,542 Views)

Is it possible to "always include" the llb in your build?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,513 Views)

I would have to copy NI Modbus.llb from vi.lib and save it under my project subdirectory. Then I would have a bunch of conflicts to resolve. And one more copy of the llb to keep track of. I'm trying to avoid that.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

How are you referencing the VIs with dynamic calls?  Is it by name, by path, or using a static VI reference?

Static VI references are generally the best way as they should load their dependencies as soon as they're placed on a block diagram.  If you're using names or paths, can you switch?

Message 4 of 6
(2,495 Views)

I went this way. Seems to do the trick. Thanks. 

Start Asynch.png

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,462 Views)

Senkaki_0-1652768076191.png

I'm trying to call VIs dynamically as TestStand does. The VI is ok at the LLB....

Senkaki_1-1652768229995.png

Some idea guys?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,289 Views)