LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically called vis missing llb vis

Solved!
Go to solution

From my Main, I'm calling a number of vi's dynamically and it works fine in the development system. However, a few will not come up in my exe but won't give me an error.

I added x10 option to my open vi reference.vi to "Prompt to find missing subvis" and it's missing 2 Modbus vis from the modbus.llb. How/why does this happen and how do I fix it (besides copying the llb into my project - that seems kind of silly)

Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,549 Views)

Is it possible to "always include" the llb in your build?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,520 Views)

I would have to copy NI Modbus.llb from vi.lib and save it under my project subdirectory. Then I would have a bunch of conflicts to resolve. And one more copy of the llb to keep track of. I'm trying to avoid that.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,514 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

How are you referencing the VIs with dynamic calls?  Is it by name, by path, or using a static VI reference?

Static VI references are generally the best way as they should load their dependencies as soon as they're placed on a block diagram.  If you're using names or paths, can you switch?

Message 4 of 6
(2,502 Views)

I went this way. Seems to do the trick. Thanks. 

Start Asynch.png

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,469 Views)

Senkaki_0-1652768076191.png

I'm trying to call VIs dynamically as TestStand does. The VI is ok at the LLB....

Senkaki_1-1652768229995.png

Some idea guys?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,296 Views)