From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic chart sizing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

Let’s say I have a VI that monitors several different data points.  For example there are multiple temperature, voltages, currents, and even fan RPMs being monitored.  I have setup on my VI numeric  indicators for all of these data points but that only shows me the current data.  What I would like to do is setup charts for some of these points, but I don't want to fill my VI with a bunch of large charts.  So, what I was thinking of trying to do is setup a small, say an inch square chart that when I click on it or mouse over it the chart would expand to a full screen for easy viewing but then return back to the small size when I mouse off or click or whatever. Is it possible to create a dynamic element like this in LabVIEW?

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,201 Views)

Hi

When I faced to this problem, I solved it by using this method (maybe there is an easiest way?) :
Create a sub vi with the chart inside, and choose the "Scale Object With Pane" option.

Then dynamically launch the vi in a sub panel of your main vi.

The size and position of the sub panel can be programmaticaly changed.

I hope this will solve your problem.

Best regards,

V-F
Message 2 of 4
(2,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author W5MR

Hi Mike,

You can use event structures and property nodes to achieve those results. So you would have an event structure for the case that the mouse enters the bounds of your chart, and on that event you can use a property node to resize and/or reposition the chart. Then you'll need a separate case to return the chart to its small size when the mouse leaves the bounds.

Hope that helps,

Daniel H.

Message 3 of 4
(2,170 Views)
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,151 Views)