LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dymo SetGraphicsAndBarcodePrintMode function

Not sure whether anyone else will have come across this, but here goes...

I have a Dymo LabelWriter 450 Twin Turbo printer. As part of a piece of test software, I generate packing labels. Part of the packing label is a barcode. Within the DymoLabel software, there's a printer preference for quality - as I'm printing small barcodes, I'd like to set this to best / barcode quality.

Programmatically, I should be able to control this via the function SetGraphicsAndBarcodePrintMode. I have tried accessing this function via both ActiveX and .NET (along with all the other customisation I'd like to be able to do programmatically, such as changing text fields and the port that I'd like to print from). However, regardless of what I wire to the invoke mode for this method, there's no difference - the printer just spams it out on default settings.

My only workaround is to set the print quality to best via the Windows printer control, which will work fine... so long as I only ever have to print high quality labels and not a big coarse quality one! Plus, I'm frustrated by code that should work and doesn't.

I've mailed Dymo to ask about the function and whether it works, but you never know - there may be someone here who has come across the same issue.

.NET code below, with a hideous looking snippet from a subVI:]

dymo.png

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,515 Views)

Hi thoult,

I wish I could offer some help with this but I don't have the printer to try stuff out on. I don't know if it's possible to import an image into your label but in theory you could generate your barcode elsewhere and import the image. It looks like the quality of this would also be set with the SetGraphicsAndBarcodePrintMode function.

Sorry I can't help more.

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,462 Views)