LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver or toolkit component missing daqmx.rc

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to open a VI which runs properly on another PC.  At end of loading, the "Load and Save Warning List" window pop-ups:

Warning Type - Driver or toolkit component missing

Details - C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\vi.lib\DAQmx\create\channels.lib\DAQmx Create Channel (CO -Pulse Generation-Frequency).vi (DAQmx Create Channel (CO -Pulse Generation-Frequency).vi)  This VI needs a driver or toolkit component that is not found.  Missing resource file "daqmx.rc".

-----------

The file daqmx.rc exists at 

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\resource\objmgr

I have taken the following steps:

1.  Uninstalled all previous versions of LabVIEW, leaving LabVIEW 2011.

2.  Tried to run a repair on LabVIEW 2011 - which did not recognize factory-provided DVDs as a distribution source.

3.  Uninstalled and reinstalled DAQmx 9.3.4

Since no pulse generation is required anywhere in the VI of interest, can I safely ignore this warning?

What, exactly, does the warning mean?  The file mentioned is obviously where it should be.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(18,281 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mistercat

Hi mistercat,

It sounds like this is due to an issue during installation (it can sometimes crop up when things aren't installed in the correct order). I would recommend uninstalling LabVIEW 2011 and DAQmx, reinstalling LabVIEW from your distribution DVDs, and then installing DAQmx 9.4 (the latest version) last. I'm a bit worried that the repair isn't recognizing your factory DVDs as a distribution source... Do you have another computer to try them on to make sure nothing has happened to the discs?

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(18,262 Views)

I seem to recall downloading the LabVIEW 2011 installation files before the discs arrived.  Would that make a difference?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(18,259 Views)

Complete uninstallation and reinstallation of LabVIEW and drivers did result in loading the subject VI without any error messages. That process takes about two hours.  I hope I don't have to do it again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(18,249 Views)

Hi,

Actually i have installed LabVIEw from distribution DVDs only, and DAQ driver too... I also tried to repaire it... but it wont work...

Same VI's are working good on LabVIEW 2012 but not on LabVIEW 2013.. Why is that so?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(13,759 Views)

What Drivers did you install?  I’m guessing based on this forum post that you’re dealing with DAQmx.  If a later version is not working, there might be an issue with the compatibility.  Check the link below and verify if you have the correct version of the driver required.

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53326/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(13,739 Views)

Hi,

I am using DAQ 14. I have reinstalled daq driver... DAQ 14 is compatible with LabVIEW 13. My system has both the versions of LabVIEW 12 and 13... This problem is for LabVIEw 2013 only.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(13,725 Views)

Hi,

When i copy Daqmx.rc file from labview 2012 resource folder to that of 2013, Error chenged to "Property node: Invalid Property"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(13,721 Views)

Hi all, Issue solved. This was due to 2 vesions of labview and 2 files of same name. I renamed folder from labview 2012.

Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(13,717 Views)

Thank you for the information that the problem is solvable. You give me hope.

And as far as I understand you did rename something.

I have the same problem. Maybe I can solve it also by renaming something. You would make my day if you explained what exactly you did.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(12,218 Views)