From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver Problems with Vector with VN1611

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone has ever had any success with reading CAN messages with the Hooovahh Vector Driver Wrappers while using VN1611 Hardware? I have a program written to just simply read CAN messages; however, whenever messages are being transmitted, my table stays empty no messages are received. I am certain that there is no problem with my program because I switched the setup around and used a Vector VN1630a and messages were read and the program worked perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this problem only occurs while using the VN1611. Vector Hardware Manager recognizes that the device is plugged into my PC too and the device specific drivers have been downloaded.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,846 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author westerf

Are you using the proper 'Y' cable that comes with the VN1611?  The pinouts on the D9 connector are different for a VN1630 than they are for a VN1611. The VN1611 has both CAN and LIN in one D9 connector.  The 'Y' cable splits them out.

https://support.vector.com/kb?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0011609

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 2 of 2
(1,821 Views)