From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download a file from internet programmatically

I think is the file dimension, if I try with small file dimetion all is working fine

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,446 Views)

@Florian_Hemmelgarn wrote:

At the moment I have the same problem.

I've successfully used data socket to download a picture oder a pdf. But I don't understand what I have to change to download a zip file. Usually when you open a website there is a link which lead to an pop up, asking where you want to store the data.

I've attached some examples. Maybe I just need a working url for the data socket

Please don't hijack someone else's topic to ask a question of your own.  This confuses the original topic and it's difficult to know which replies go to what issue.  Please start a new topic.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,432 Views)

Hi Paolo1983,

If the URL is HTTP based then you can use the LabVIEW HTTP Client GET VI.

This is an example that does an HTTP GET and saves the result to disk by prompting you to choose where to save the file:

Save File From HTTP URL.png

Note: Make sure to set prepend array or string size? to false when writing the binary data to disk

Milan
Message 13 of 14
(1,399 Views)

finlally It is working!!!

Thanks a lot for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,371 Views)