LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download DCD 2020

Solved!
Go to solution

Do you know if is it possible to download whole package on NI Device Drivers (DCD) 2020 and newer? I found out on NI page only DCD-Jan2019 and older.

I would like to have off line installation package, because in our lab we have a several ATE stations and

1. it doesn't make sense to download from web the same file several times

2. we have auto installation script of DCD-jan2018 and we would like to upgrade our drivers at the same way

Thank you

David Somol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,381 Views)

Hello,

Actually, the DCD 2019 Jan version is the latest released and it's, basically an installer package.

Note that for upgrade of any NI software (except some update packages) you have to purchase a license for a newer software

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,321 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author somol

Try downloading the offline installer for LabVIEW.  By default, the "include drivers" option is set to "Yes"  That makes the download 15gb+ because it's including a good portion of the drivers.

Does that include the ones you need?  You can check the included list by clicking the "download" button and letting NI Package Manager run.  If there's a checkbox to install, that driver would be included in the offline download.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,303 Views)

@Hamlet23 wrote:

Note that for upgrade of any NI software (except some update packages) you have to purchase a license for a newer software

That seems like an odd thing to point out in this thread.  The poster asked about drivers.  For drivers, the "rule" is they're free.  As a result, any updates are also free.  Drivers including a fee are the exception to the rule (Vision, for example).

For the context of this thread, what you're pointing out is counter to what's typically true.

Message 4 of 5
(1,300 Views)

Thank you for your help. I downloaded whole package - 36GB. It looks like it includes all drivers which I need.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,286 Views)