LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downconverting Lvlib

Hello all, I have to programatically downconvert a bunch of VI's from LV 2009 to LV 8.2 , so I am using "Save for Previous" invoke node by getting the VI Server reference of the particular VI (as shown in the figure) . This has to be done for the lvlib also, but by getting the Library reference I cannot able save to the Specified version, it only has got an option to Save for the immediate previous version. Any idea how to save the lvlib from LV 2009 to LV 8.2 programatically ?

Downconvert

AshwiN,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,508 Views)

Hi Ashwin S,

you can read all objects from this library and store it as single vi's. If you have the path to the single vi, then it should work as for your other vi's.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,495 Views)

That's fine Mike, assume that I have to down convert the Entire folder to LV 8.2 which contains lvlib, lvproj, VI's and controls. I can able to convert all the VI's and controls from LV 09 to LV 8.2 (through that invoke node), but the problem is about converting the Lvlib straight away to LV 8.2. Can you suggest me any solution for downconverting the Lvlib from LV 2009 to LV 8.2 programatically

Thanks,

AshwiN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,490 Views)

Hi Ashwin S,

i'm not sure if it is really necessary to downconvert the lvlib itself! It's "only" an xml file which contains the pathes of the vi's.

Hope it helps.

Mike 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,478 Views)

@Ashwin S wrote:

That's fine Mike, assume that I have to down convert the Entire folder to LV 8.2 which contains lvlib, lvproj, VI's and controls. I can able to convert all the VI's and controls from LV 09 to LV 8.2 (through that invoke node), but the problem is about converting the Lvlib straight away to LV 8.2. Can you suggest me any solution for downconverting the Lvlib from LV 2009 to LV 8.2 programatically

Thanks,

AshwiN

Full disclosure:

I am not an expert so I may have missed something...

I tried to back-save and lacking passwords, LV will not let do so. This makes sense since not all in the current version of LV is possible in the previous.

You can get all of those from an install of LV if all els fails.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,472 Views)

i'm not sure if it is really necessary to downconvert the lvlib itself! It's "only" an xml file which contains the pathes of the vi's.

Hope it helps.

Mike

"

Hello Mike,

If I  don't downconvert the lvlib, then how I can I read it in the LV 8.2,

Is there any other option ??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,445 Views)

Hi Guys,

this would be the solution for downgrading an lvlib an all of the VIs managed in the lib in one step to an oder LabVIEW version.

Define the source path of the lvlib. Define the path where the older lvlib and its items should be stored. And define the LabVIEW version.

Unbenannt.PNG

This Creates a copy of the lib in an older version with all its items.

Greetings from austria

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,934 Views)

@AndreasKr wrote:

Hi Guys,

this would be the solution for downgrading an lvlib an all of the VIs managed in the lib in one step to an oder LabVIEW version.

Define the source path of the lvlib. Define the path where the older lvlib and its items should be stored. And define the LabVIEW version.

Unbenannt.PNG

This Creates a copy of the lib in an older version with all its items.

Greetings from austria

Andreas

Replying  7 year old thread?

Did you run that code?

Last I looked you could not back save anything that was password protected.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,929 Views)

Hi Ben,

if you have the password in your password cache it downconverts smoothly.

If you do not have the password and you start the conversation VI then you will

get a promt to type in the password. (see screenshot)

unbekannt.PNG

If you do not have the password than you cannot convert it.

Andi

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,921 Views)

@AndreasKr wrote:

Hi Ben,

if you have the password in your password cache it downconverts smoothly.

If you do not have the password and you start the conversation VI then you will

get a promt to type in the password. (see screenshot)

unbekannt.PNG

If you do not have the password than you cannot convert it.

Andi

And you have the passwords for LVlib ???

Quoting from the Musical Grease "Tell me more Tell me More!" (Summer Dreams ???)

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,918 Views)