LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LabView have a function similar to 'SendInput()' from C++?

I'm trying to incorporate a string or strings  to the keyboard input stream to enter some data to an application already running (I can not transfer any data to this application since I only have the  .exe file).

As far as I know, there is a function in C++,  SendInput(), that can do this.  

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646310.aspx

Is there any similar function in LabView?

Thx a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,191 Views)
That's a Windows API function, so in order to call it from LabVIEW you need to use the Call Library Function Node function under Connectivity -> Libraries & Executables. Search these forums for "SendInput", as this has come up before.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,186 Views)

Thx for the info, I'll into that and I guess this can be completed soon. 

Thx again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,183 Views)

Hi Folks,

I saw this post when it was new and, since then, have been fighting to get SendInput.to work - finally finding the solution on the LAVA forum.  It didn't seem easy to find an example of SendInput or keybd_event, here, so for future NI-LabVIEW forum users, here's an example that shows 3 ways to inject keystrokes - including a very simple .NET method "Windows.System.Forms.SendKeys.SendWait".

Cheers Smiley Happy

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
Message 4 of 6
(6,143 Views)

Hi, tbd!

Good example, but it won't work in LabVIEW 64-bit. To get it working you will need to alter the code according to these recommendations.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,148 Views)

hey thanks for the example but i am looking to use sendinput dll to send mouse right click command as mouse event dll is suppressed in the windows 10 . so can you please guide me so as to how to achieve it

🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,003 Views)