LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LabVIEW RT-Linux support XPATH or XQuery?

I am starting a project that will be using LabVIEW RT-Linux.

I would like to know if the Linux version of Real Time supports DOM or the ability to support a XPATH or XQuery type queries?

I know that in other builds of RT that XPATH is not supported.

With the Linux community supporting DOM I would like to know if LabVIEW RT-Linux has the ability to query an XML document.

Most Linux distros include libxml2 .

If LV RT-Linux does not have XML Query capabilities would it be possible to include something like libxml2 via a DLL?

Regards,

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,082 Views)

I'm pretty sure that libxml2 is already installed with one of the packages that you can add in NI-MAX. The problem might be that it is not the version your project might need.

And if it is not installed by any of the packages you should be most likely able to install it with opkg from the command line on the cRIO.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 5
(3,025 Views)

Looking at one of NI's repositories here, I see the libXML package. So I think that means you can just install it with OPKG the way you normally would if wasn't already installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,003 Views)

How would the LabVIEW RT code interface with it?

The native LabVIEW XML vi's are not available in the RT pallet. So, this makes me think it would need to be some type of call library function node.

Does anybody have an example of how to use xpath on a Real Time target?

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,985 Views)

I don't have an example, but I can tell you this would be done through either a Call Library Node, or what might have a lower barrier to making it work the command line, or bash interface.  This can be replicated with the System Exec function if the function supports it.  You'd then ideally wrap these functions into a reusable LabVIEW API that behind the scenes use the system exec and call library node.  I've done this to add support for zip and other file compressions that native LabVIEW had issues with in Linux RT.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,982 Views)