LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anybody have labview drivers to program an MSP430 via SERIAL PORT?

Hello,

I found this thread after searching a way to communicate with an MSP430 via LabVIEW. I'm using an MSP430 launchpad along with some ADC modules. The firmware is already written. Is it possible to retrieve the information from the MSP430 using LabVIEW? If so, can you email me the instrument drivers?

Thank you very much!

Corey

Edit: forgot my email address! Smiley Very Happy

CoreyJayB@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 60
(2,759 Views)

Hey David

Can I also have the VI codes for EZ430 communicating with NI labview 2009? 

My email address is g.peng@rochester.edu

Thanks in advance,

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 60
(2,736 Views)

Hey David,

I'm currently working out on a final year project which I have to use an arbitrary waveform generator to simulate a waveform and transmit it via msp430 eZ430-rf2500 to pc. Do you have any suggestion how can I transmite the obtained data from the arbitrary waveform generator via msp430 eZ430-rf2500 to my pc?

My email address is joeqoo@hotmail.com.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 60
(2,682 Views)
Joeqoo,
I don't have any experience with the EZ430 development kits. The code I developed in LabVIEW is useful for loading object code into MSP430 flash space, from a PC serial port, via the built-in bootstrap loader that TI embeds in MSP ROM.
Sounds like you need to develop code in the MSP that, in addition to generating your ARB waveforms, sends sample words out the USART using a protocol of your own design. Then, you could write a host side routine (in LabVIEW, of course!) that reads the serial spew, decodes it, and plots, logs, etc.

Sorry, the BSL code implementation is specific to reading/writing/erasing flash blocks.

Dave
David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 60
(2,668 Views)

Hello David,

I am working on a wireless sensor project which implements MSP430 MCU with eZ430 RF2500 kit. I use two RF2500 boards for my proect. One board(transmitter) is connected to the flow sensor developed, another board(reciever) connected to PC which recieves the temparature readings via radio link. I have to display and analyse the temparature readings in Labview on my PC from the reciever board. I am going through the links about the app note. Would you mind helping me out by sending your VIs regarding the BSL for MSP430 so that i can analyse it and use it as reference for my project.

Thanks

My email id is : jiawei_205@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 60
(2,649 Views)

Hello David,

I was actually looking up another problem and found this thread. You know; "oooh shinny".

Currently I use “Lite FET-Pro430” by Elprotronic to load my MSP430's over JTAG. The free version is excellent.

However, I am very curious about your vi. Please contact me: nsopfaomrme@yahoo.com

As an FYI: Sparkfun sells a FTDI FT232RL breakout USB to RS-232 that can be used to replicate port behavior without the levels. (It works at 3.3v)

FTDI also provides exceptional LabVIEW drivers for download from their website. The LabVIEW drivers work with their D2XX library.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/718

Regards,

Shawn

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 60
(2,595 Views)

Hi David,

can you please email me the code to program the MSP430 via serial port.

Email is 133columbiast@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 60
(2,512 Views)

Replied via private email.

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 60
(2,500 Views)

Hello David. I'm also using the eZ430 with connectivity to the PC and also have the eZ430-RF-2500 kit.  Can I also use your VIs to see if I can adapt your code to program them through the USB interface?

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 60
(2,324 Views)

Hello David. I am also using the eZ-430. Can I also use your VI's

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 60
(2,322 Views)