LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dll import wizard won't go past "Configure include paths"

In the LabVIEW 8.5 version of the "Shared Library Import Wizard" I'm unable to proceed past the "Configure include paths" screen. I get a dialog that reads "Parsing header file" butI am returned to the"Configure Include Paths" screen.

The library imported without error in LabVIEW 8.2.1.

There is no "Report Generation Toolkit" installed.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,623 Views)

Hi JBrenem,

Do you get any error after the Configure Include Paths screen or is Next just greyed out. We have had issues where the wizard has hung up with the Report Generation Toolkit installed. I think it is an installation issue but before we do anything can you please put up some screenshots of the window where you get stuck. Also please confirm that you can use the Call Library Function Node. Thanks!

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,585 Views)

I can confirm that I am able to use the "Call Library Function" nodes and that there are no errors indicated when running the wizard. I get up to the "configure_paths" screen and when I click Next I am shown the "parse_dialog" screen momentarily but am returned to the "configure_paths" screen after about 3 seconds.

I have tried an install on another machine with identical results. The .dll I am importing was created in MS Visual Studio Express 2008 and imports well under LabVIEW 8.2.1's import wizard.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,533 Views)

Hi Jbrenem,

At this stage it looks more like the import parameters might have changed from LabVIEW 8.2.1 to LabVIEW 8.5. Have you tried importing a standard dll with the simplest data form such as doubles--perhaps a simple addition operation? I would also look at this forum post as it contains some resources regarding external dll code and LabVIEW resources for this code.Hope this helps.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,510 Views)

Hi JBrenem,

Have you solved your problems? Because I have got similar problems when I used imported shared library.  After I set the include paths, I cannot go through to the next step. Whenever I pressed next, it said 'Parsing the header file ...'. It can go to the next step if I leave the include path empty. Anyone has some suggestions? Thank you all.

I'm using LabVIEW 8.5 without report generate toolkit.

Regards,

Bo

------------------------
My blog Let's LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,199 Views)

Fooloo,

Your user icon only shows up as a red X because you have it hosted on some off brand, 3rd party website we can't access.

Attach your icon to a message in this thread http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&thread.id=702.  Then have your user profile point to that attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,188 Views)

Hi Ravens Fan,

Thank you. I updated my icon. And any suggestion on my question? Cheers.

Regards,

Bo

------------------------
My blog Let's LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,175 Views)

Yes, that icon shows up just fine now.

Unfortunately, I don't have any help to offer on your question.  I haven't really worked with .dll's before.  I just browse threads about them hoping to learn something in the process.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,157 Views)

foolooo,

Is the dll from an .m file by chance?  There is a known issue (CAR # 112733) with LV 8.5.1 and the Import Library Wizard hanging when importing dlls that were created from a .m file.  It was fixed in LV 8.6.  

Kristen H.

Message 9 of 10
(3,135 Views)

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not quite sure where the DLL was from. And I found the bug report in '8.5.x Known Issures'. I downloaded evaluation LV2009 and the problem was fixed:). Thank you  again.

Regards,

Bo

------------------------
My blog Let's LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,133 Views)