From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display text or number without the indicator border

I would like to display items such as strings, numbers or enumerated types on my GUI without the usual border around the indicator. (ie, I want the string or number to appear on the front panel like a label) Can anyone think of a way to do this?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Reyerson
Optical Systems Engineer
Arete Associates
Tucson, AZ
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(9,663 Views)
Use the coloring tool and select transparent from the upper right corner. Right click with the tool pointed at the border and the background. Use the space bar to select the portion that gets the color applied.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(9,656 Views)
Thanks for the reply, but I cannot get that to work. As far as I can tell, Labview will not allow me to change the color of the border.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Reyerson
Optical Systems Engineer
Arete Associates
Tucson, AZ
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(9,658 Views)

Right click on the top slanted border line with the coloring tool. When the coloring box pops up, use the space bar to get the left hand color box highlighted by the white box. Then select transparent in the upper right corner. This is in 7.0 format. What version are you using??

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361A-01/glang/tools_palette_icons/

Message 4 of 9
(9,650 Views)
Thank you very much, I got it. There was a simple step that I was missing. I am using version 8.

Chris
Chris Reyerson
Optical Systems Engineer
Arete Associates
Tucson, AZ
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(9,644 Views)
Hi all,
just a comment to the color pane of the coloring-tool. You can select the foreground color by pressing "F", background color by pressing "B" and all of them by pressing "A". I find this more useful than toggling with <space>.
Greets, dave
Greets, Dave
Message 6 of 9
(9,637 Views)

hi chris how can i do this? i am using LV 2011

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(8,705 Views)

Start with a Simple numeric or Simple string indicator in the Classic controls palette.

Select both FG and BG colors as Transparent and then color the indicator.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(8,694 Views)