LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display more functions in functions pallete

I am working with labview 8. I used to use a function called read characters from file .vi     in labview 7.  I see that it is still in the labview 8 vi.lib  but it does not show up anymore in the function pallete. How can i make it so that it is included? I know some array functions i used to use are also missing from the pallete.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,634 Views)

It's been replaced by Read from Text File. This works the same way, except you can move the file pointer to specify where to start reading.

You can edit the palette by going to tools -> advanced -> edit palette set... I haven't tried to add VIs from vi.lib, or from an llb for that matter, so I don't know if you'll be able to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,626 Views)
Actually i need the write characters to file. It has an append option, where i dont see it on the write text to file ect...
Anyways, you can add librarys, so i added the file.lib to the pallete.
Thanks for the help.

Message Edited by dirtyb15 on 02-01-2007 02:18 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,623 Views)
If you usen VIPM and download the OpenG packages, you'll see a dynamic palette package, this includes a .mnu file of the 7.x palette

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,616 Views)
Just so you know, you can still append to file using the new VI. In the advanced file functions palette there are VIs to move the file pointer for random access to a file. Use Set File Position and change the "from" input to "end." This will move the pointer to the end, then use write text to file and it will append. It might seem like a little more work, but doing this will let you keep the file open and write to the end of it multiple times whereas the old write characters vi opened and closed the file each time.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,606 Views)
Didnt know that, ill have to try that.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,603 Views)