cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display and Save DAQ raw data simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new to LabView. I am trying to make a VI that continuously shows in an indicator or a gauge the value from an analog port from a DAQ, while upon user request, saving certain values of that signal on an array.
I can do each one of the things separately:
-real time displaying in an indicator or a gauge of the raw DAQ analog signal
-saving certain points of raw DAQ analog signal 
but when I try to do both i am unsure of where to put the DAQ assistant so that it samples when it needs to.
The attached VI is not working properly but you can see the 2 things I would like to have working in parallel.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,065 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel_Torre

Hello Gabriel_Torre

you can use Queues this is a simple way to split the acquisition part from the analyse or display part. This is the same like done in the producer consumer examples from LabVIEW.

I also recommend to set the Samples/Rate to factor 1/10 so the loop runs with 100ms not only every second. Now with this architecture all loops run with 100ms iteration time.

Idea.png

Hope it helps.

best regards
Alexander
Message 2 of 5
(5,051 Views)

Thanks a lot!, that was exactly what I was looking for, now i am looking at the producer consumer examples as you suggested to learn more about queues.
What I am no sure now is how to set the Samples/Rate, you mean using a wait block or filing the queue and working with the enqueue timeout?
Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,012 Views)

Hello Gabriel_Torre,

you can set this inside the DAQ assistent.

Unbenannt.PNG

Now if a packet of samples arrive and is written into the queuethen the other loops are event driven and read the values from the queue.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,006 Views)

I will try that, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,986 Views)