cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Text in Hindi Language

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to display the text in Hindi Language in Labview 8.2.1. Is it possible to do that? If possible, help me out to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raja 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,481 Views)

Hi Rajaa,

I hope your well and thanks for your service request.

The only language I have tried in labVIEW 8.5.1 on an XP machine was Chinese.

To do this, I went to XP Control Panel>> Regional And Language Options>> On the language tab select install files for correct supplement language support ( I chose  East Asian) >> the on the Advanced tab select the language for non-uni code ( I chose Chinese PRC), then reboot computer. And this let me place Chinese characters as labels on the front panel/block diagram, read Chinese characters from files and you them in string constants etc. 

As for labVIEW 8.2, im not sure and Hindi. I'll wait to see if anyone else has tried it, and if not, I will have ago.

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
Message 2 of 5
(4,476 Views)

Hi Hillman,

Thanks for your reply.

In the similar way i choose Hindi in Regional & Language option but if i read Hindi characters from files, it displays in other formats.

For Chinese Language, it is working fine.

I am using LabVIEW 8.2.1 (Windows Xp). If any one worked with that, kindly share your ideas.

Regards,

Raja 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RajGru

Hi Hillman,

I followed the steps that you mentioned & also I added a line UseUnicode=TRUE at the end of the LabVIEW configuration file LabVIEW.ini located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW.

Then I read hindi text from a file & I displayed it in a string Indicator. Also right click the String Indicator & enable Force Unicode Text. So that the texts are displayed properly as it is in the file.

Thanks,

Raja

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,391 Views)

Thank you Raja. 

I used only UseUnicode=TRUE at the end of the LabVIEW configuration file LabVIEW.ini located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW this step... 

I copied the Tamil words from google translate and i paste it in notepad file. while saving the file make sure that "Encoding" format is "Unicode". Then read in VI. Finally, right click the String Indicator & enable Force Unicode Text.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,851 Views)