cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Gray Scale Image

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear  Members,

Kindly, how can I display (write) a gray scale image in labview using Flatten Pixmap when my input image is a two dimensional matrix 64x64 gray scale.? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,279 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tasnim

One way of doing it would be to wire an array representing a greyscale colour map to the colors input of Flatten Pixmap.vi.

greyscale.png

Message 2 of 12
(4,255 Views)

Thank you very much for the useful answer..

in case I want to read a gray scale image in labview using Flatten Pixmap.vi or Unflatten Pixmap.vi when my input image is a two dimensional matrix 64x64 gray scale..is it the same way you answered me before?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,224 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tasnim

@Tasnim wrote:

in case I want to read a gray scale image in labview using Flatten Pixmap.vi or Unflatten Pixmap.vi when my input image is a two dimensional matrix 64x64 gray scale..is it the same way you answered me before?

If you want to read data from an image that is a 2D Picture Control, use Picture to Pixmap.vi then Unflatten Pixmap.vi to return a 2D array.  If your data is in the form of a LabVIEW matrix, it will have to be converted to a 2D array first as the picture functions do not operate on matrix data.

Andy

Message 4 of 12
(4,209 Views)

Thank you Andy for the useful answer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,163 Views)

Dear Members,

Can anybody advise me how to display grayscale (.tiff) image size of 64x64 and the image depth is 8 in LabVIEW?

Thank you

Tasnim

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,121 Views)

Tasnim,

Just to check: do you mean read an existing TIFF file and display it in a picture control in LabVIEW?

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,116 Views)

yes, this is what I mean.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,099 Views)

I don't think LabVIEW has anything built-in to read TIFF files directly.  Many posts discuss use of the IMAQ image library or libtiff.

This post has a library which might help you, and there are a few threads on lavag.org discussing reading of TIFF files.

The easiest thing to do might be to convert losslessly to a suitable format that LabVIEW can handle using an external tool, but I have no experience of this.

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,087 Views)

ok thank u very much for the reply and help..

I will try to check it 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,071 Views)