LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCFGPORT.VI and Write to .vi Is not working

Hello, I am very new to labview but I know hot to run the prewritten programs that are associated with the test I have to do. My issue is that they gave me a new computer, been running a Win7 now Win10, also was running LV12 now running LV18. I tried to run the program again however it can not find these ports. Can someone help someone that never programmed the labview background before? How do I retrieve this? I have downloaded and installed MCCDAQ software and fixed another issue with the computer that allowed the GPIB-USB-HS cable to be loaded on the computer and downloaded that software. I am not to labview guy but the person in charge of that is on vacation thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,948 Views)

I meant to say write to digital port.vi  Sorry about that 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,936 Views)

Hi daddy,

which hardware are you using? You are mentioning MCCDAQ and GPIB cables: how are they related to those digital port functions?

Mind to attach the VI to demonstrate your problems?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,928 Views)

I have no clue how they related but if I am taking a guess I am thinking that the usb to gpib cable connects all the power and recording instruments through gpib cables. I used the mccdaq software because I read online it is what uses the DCFGPORT.VI and I can not find that vi any where on my computer or even where in the software to search for it. Unfortunately I can't take connect it to the system because it goes against company policies and they won't let me. I am using a HP computer with the GPIB-USB-HS cable. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,918 Views)

What do you mean how are they related? they are what connect power supplies and cw generator. when I went online and searched this is what I found but this guy was running LV 2008 I updated to 2018

NI 2011 post

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,830 Views)