LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling an element of an array of a control?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm not that good at Labview, so this may seem like a basic question... I'm not sure if "disabling" is a proper term, but I am trying to disable/ignore some element of the array. On the picture, the last row is greyed out to indicate that the values are not being used. If I type in a 0, it will actually set the current as zero instead of not running it at that value. I tried to right click a single element, went to Advanced -> Enabled State and selected Disabled and greyed out, but the whole array gets greyed out instead. I remember being shown how to do this before, and it seemed to be something simple (it did involve right clicking and selecting on an option), but I have seemed to forget how to do this... so far I wrote NaN but it would be nice to actually disable the element.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author laura2018

For a 1D-Array you can: Right click -> Data Operations -> Delete Element

For a 2D-Array (as shown in your picture) you can: Right click -> Data Operations -> Delete Row     OR : Right click -> Data Operations -> Delete Column

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,150 Views)

Yes, "disabled" is not the correct term. These are elements that are outside the data range.

Note that if you quickly go to run mode and back (ctrl+m), the right-click menu gets significantly simpler (while in run mode).

altenbach_0-1575135709993.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,101 Views)