LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Key event when entering text in MCL cell

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application where the user can use the spacebar to toggle symbols in a multicolumn listbox. The user is also able to edit the text in the cells. So when the user presses the spacebar when editing the text, the sybol is also toggled.

Is there a way to detect when the cell i being edited, or a cursor appear in the cell or anything etc, and use this information to disable the space event? I've tried "Edit Cell" and "Edit Cell?" but those only fire after the cell has been edited. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,973 Views)

Try to share the code snippet/vi so that we can try something and help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,967 Views)

I've attached a VI (LV2015) to show my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,949 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ThetaMa

Multicolumn.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,915 Views)

I usually use a mouse down event to toggle the symbols. In the following code if the mouse was clicked on a symbol it is toggled.

Ben64

MCL Toggle Symbols.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,913 Views)

PalanivelT, thanks!

I used your code to set a flag that disables the spacebar event.

Ben64,

I use the spacebar to toggle multiple items, and mouse-click to toggle single items.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,885 Views)