From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital PWM Signal

Hello,

I'm new to LabView and for my Work i need to generate a digital PWM  signal. The Length of the signal is based on a Temperature messurement and is controlled by a PID. I'm using a NI-USB 6003.

My Problem is I do not really understand the examples and how i generate my digital signal. In my VI you can see i tried to generate it by using the simulate signal VI but i guess this is not the best way to do it. maybe someone can explaine it to me how i do something like a PWM signal.

Thank you in advance,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,056 Views)

Hi Le0b95,

two notes:

1. your USB6003 does not support hardware-timed DIO channels, they are only named "static" in the manual…

2. you create a simulated signal with just one sample: are you sure you will get a nice PWM signal from this? (But on the other hand you will get into trouble trying to output more than one sample at a time to your DO channel due to point 1.)

You need to switch on/off the DO channel in the software - with a frequency less than 100Hz…

I also recommend to learn those DAQmx basics and to get rid of ExpressVIs as soon as possible.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,038 Views)