LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital PWM Signal

Hello,

I'm new to LabView and for my Work i need to generate a digital PWM  signal. The Length of the signal is based on a Temperature messurement and is controlled by a PID. I'm using a NI-USB 6003.

My Problem is I do not really understand the examples and how i generate my digital signal. In my VI you can see i tried to generate it by using the simulate signal VI but i guess this is not the best way to do it. maybe someone can explaine it to me how i do something like a PWM signal.

Thank you in advance,

Leo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,059 Views)

Hi Le0b95,

two notes:

1. your USB6003 does not support hardware-timed DIO channels, they are only named "static" in the manual…

2. you create a simulated signal with just one sample: are you sure you will get a nice PWM signal from this? (But on the other hand you will get into trouble trying to output more than one sample at a time to your DO channel due to point 1.)

You need to switch on/off the DO channel in the software - with a frequency less than 100Hz…

I also recommend to learn those DAQmx basics and to get rid of ExpressVIs as soon as possible.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,041 Views)