LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between error and warning

@Gregory wrote:
I believe warning signs are yellow, and regulatory signs are white. In most places, you are allowed to go the speed limit posted in white, even if you're on a mountain and it warns you to go 20 MPH slower around a curve.

I read somewhere that it used to read "must observe warning sings" and somebody with a good lawyer got off because he argued that observing (i.e. acknowlege that it is there) a sign does not require to actually obey it.

In my opinion, a warning sign is just that, a warning that warns you about potential dangers without actually telling you what you need to do to avoid it, except to temporalily assume a heightened state of awareness. ("wildlife crossing", "slippery when wet", "falling rocks" (here you don't need to constantly look up to see if rocks are falling or strap on a helmet, but be prepared to stop if there are rocks already on the roadway 😉

gregoryj wrote: 

It should be noted that all states in the US require you to obey physics, so even if you're allowed to go a certain speed, you should not go fast enough to overcome the static coefficient of friction of your tires 🙂

Given the state of science education, we cannot count on that 😮 There are still plenty of drivers that think a little Statue of Saint Christopher or a cross dangling from the rearview mirror is more important than physics and seat belts. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(965 Views)