From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer error when installing Labview 2010

Dear Administrator,

I uninstalled my old version of Labview 7.1 with Windows "Programs and Features", and try to install Labview 2010. However, error occurs. 

It says:

" Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:

1. Specified file not found: [Utilities] UpgradeManagerPostProcessro = bin\nipie.exe

2. Specified file not found: [Utilities] NISysinfo = C:\Users\...\NI.LabVIEW.2010.v10.0\bin\NISysInf.dll

Correct the ini file and try again."

My system is WIN 7 English version.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,705 Views)

I tried to download the nipie.exe and NISysinf.ini in previous posts which applys to Labview 8.x. They didn't work. Maybe I need a new version of these two files?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,704 Views)

no one help?Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,689 Views)

In the past this has been caused by faulty discs or an antivirus program. Where are you running the installer from? If it's from disc try copying the whole disc to your hard drive and running it from there. Did you download the installer? You might want to try re-downloading it. Do you make sure to turn off your anti-virus program? Do you have admin rights?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,685 Views)

I read some past posts on this issue, but the problem is not solved. 

The software was installed from Harddrive, anti-virus programes were turned off. Problem is still there!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,677 Views)

Hello,

The first step I reccomend you try is to re-download the LabVIEW installer, and try to run it again.  Also, make sure you have Administrator access on your computer.

You can download LabVIEW here.

Regards,

Matt M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,669 Views)