cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Error when Installing Labview 8.5

I also get the error:

.\ConfigInfo.cpp(2723): IInstallerError 11006
Developer Error. The following errors were found in your ini file:
1. Specified file not found: [MsiEngine] WinNTPath = bin\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

When trying to install the Vision Acquisition Software I downloaded from the NI site. I am running Windows Vista, any suggestions on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,708 Views)

Hi Flayz

The linked download is no longer the most recent installer for the Vision Acquisition Software. You can find version 8.6 here. This is a fairly old thread dating back to 2007, I would recommend posting this issue in our Machine Vision Forums as these customers are more likely to have used the software package and found a solution to the issue. If the .cpp error persists I also recommend emailing support@ni.com with details in regards to it so we can analyze the error log.

Thank You
Eric Reid
National Instruments
Motion R&D
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,686 Views)

Hello,

We want to install Labview Toolkit for Lego Mindstorms for Window 2000 runing Labview 8.2 (downloaded as LabVIEW Toolkit for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 1.0 for LabVIEW 7.1, 8.0, 8.2). We got the following error:

"Developer error. The following errors were found in your ini file: 1 Specified file not found. [MSIEngine] WinNTPath = Bin\instmsiw.exe       Correct the ini file and try again"
However, the instmsiw.exe is already in the program folder. So how to fix the program? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,580 Views)

Hi dmindstorm,

Have you extracted all the files from the zip file before beginning the installation?

As Eric pointed out, this is a fairly old thread dating back to 2007 and it is not checked upon very often. You may want to start another to generate more activity.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,543 Views)

I get these same types of errors with every version of the installer I try. On 8.2.1 I get "Developer error: the following errors were found in your ini file: 1:specified file not found: [FPGA_Host_Comm.msi<2]Path=Products\NI_FPGA_Host_Comm_80\FPGA_Host_Comm_.ms...."

The errors were different under the latest one, but it was a similar kind of thing. Yes, I extracted all the files. The background is that IMAQ failed to install a bunch of LabView components (like I had all the extras but none of the basic IMAQ functions), so I removed it and tried to reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,369 Views)
Exactly which software version are you trying to install and what point are you at with the install now?  Is there a specific file or set of files missing that you need posted?
Alex Person
NI-RIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,348 Views)

First we tried to use the IMAQ Vision 6.0.1 that we got with our frame grabber years ago. I would like to use that because the camera vendor's LabView camera control library doesn't work right with later IMAQ versions (too many component names have changed), but the old IMAQ doens't seem to like the new NI software too well, which is LabView 7.1 and whatever else other people had previously put on the system (we have tons of NI hardware that circulates - I'm not sure what all else was on that system, but there were about 30 NI components listed in Control Panel). So I said, "hey, instead of me spending 40 hours messing around to get this old legacy crap to work like I did on the last system we put this camera on, why don't we just put on the latest IMAQ and just use the MAX test display?" (Literally, all we need here is "show video - grab a frame.")

So, I waited 4 hours to downloadi the latest IMAQ/Vision, which apparently doesn't activate with our old serial number, but we only need the driver and basic IMAQ components anyhow , so I installed Vision-MAQ in the eval mode. The program manager wasn't really keen on the idea of buying a new full Vision package just to get a functional driver, you see.

So, I finally I got the camera working in MAX. Then the guy using the camera decided that the contrast in the MAX test window wasn't good enough (it is a bit weak for MWIR imaging, I'll admit). "No problem" I said, "I'll just whip up a display in LabView since the basic IMAQ VIs can do this easily." Only, when I went to look for them, they weren't there. Some IMAQ VIs were there, but not the ones that actually open images. "Nuts!" I said, or something to that effect. OK, well, this worked with the 8.2.1 package I put on another system, and I still have that. So let's remove the new one and try putting that 8.2.1 in. Disaster! At this point, the installer started giving me the above message. I couldn't get any IMAQ/Vision installer work. I tried removing IMAQ and Vision components through the control panel in the vain hope that this would help, but I knew from long, hard experience with IMAQ installations that there is really only one solution - take everything off and start over. So that's what I did. Fresh LabView, fresh MAX, fresh drivers, fresh IMAQ-Vision, and then magically all the missing LabView IMAQ components appeared and I was able to write my little program that displays video with slightly more contrast control and saves an image . Now I have to go hide from everybody whose other NI drivers got deleted when I did the wipe.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,341 Views)

ThaNk u veRY muCh BriaN .................

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,207 Views)