LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Error when Installing Labview 8.5

Hi there,

When I was installing Labview 8.5 directly from the CD, I had error message 1311. Following the recommendation posted on the discussion forum, I copied the CD to the C drive and installed Labview 8.5 successfully. However, when I tried to follow the same procedure when installing the device driver CDs,i.e. by first installing the CD to a folder in the C drive and installing it by launching setup.exe, I had the following error:

"Developer error. The following errors were found in your ini file: 1 Specified file not found. [MSIEngine] WinNTPath = SupportFiles\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe       Correct the ini file and try again"

When I checked the setup.ini file, under the [MSIEngine] entery, I found the following text:

"[MsiEngine]
WinNTPath=bin\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
RequiredVersion=3.0.0.0
CommandLine=/passive /norestart"

How can I correct the ini file? Should I change the WinNTPath to the one generated by the error message? Will this solve the problem? Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(13,914 Views)

Hello,

Yes, I would suggest changing the MSI Engine path in the setup.ini file.  Are you using Windows XP and if so, do you have SP2?  If not, I would suggest installing SP2.

Regards,

Clint M

Message 2 of 18
(13,852 Views)
Thanks Clint,

Yes I do have SP2 with Windows XP. I have managed to install Labview 8.5 successfully after deinstalling everything and re-intalling it again. Thanks again.

Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(13,828 Views)
Dear all,

When I tried to install Labview 8.0, the following error occured.

"Developer Error. The following errors were found in your file:
1. Specified file not found: [Utilities] UpgradeManagerPostProcessor = Bin\niPie.exe

Correct the ini file and try again."

Yes. I can't find the niPie.exe file in any of the folder. I suspected there were something wrong with my computer and I tried other computer. Again the same problem happened.

I really really hope somebody can give me some advices regarding this matter. Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(13,678 Views)
zingkov,

The niPie.exe should be located in the Bin folder in your installer.  I have attached it here in case you cannot locate it.  You will need to move the installer to your hard drive, add this file, then attempt to install.  Let me know if this works.

Best of luck,

Brian T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 5 of 18
(13,662 Views)

Yeah it works!

Thank you Brian!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(13,624 Views)

"Developer Error. The following errors were found in your file:
1. Specified file not found: [Utilities] UpgradeManagerPostProcessor = Bin\niPie.exe

Correct the ini file and try again."

I am getting this error while installing vision and device drivers.I have copied that all the cds to my hard disk.I was facing the same problem with Lv and the problem was solved when i downloaded brain's zip file and pasted that onto my bin folder.Help please.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(12,757 Views)

Dear muks,

Please stick to your original thread. Somebody will surely watch your post and help you surely by time. Continue here.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(12,754 Views)
Mathan,
             My intention is def not to add confusion.But i am not able to install vision modules and brain in the above thread had posted a zip file which i had downloaded and now i have installed labVIEW.So i thought brian could help me with a possible inf file for vision.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(12,747 Views)
Hi Muks

I have attached the niPie.exe from the Vision Development Module 8.5 installation CD. If you can still not install the software try downloading it from the link below. Let me know if this helps.

Vision Development Module:
http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/839/lang/en

Thank You
Eric Reid
Applications Engineer

Thank You
Eric Reid
National Instruments
Motion R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(12,709 Views)