From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting Windows Updates in LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have a LabVIEW application running on a Windows 7 PC. This PC gets its notorious Windows Updates every week. I'm looking for a possibility in LabVIEW to detect the new Window state after the Windows Update, e.g. by reading the OS build number and compare this to the number I read in the last time. However, I'm not quite sure if the OS build number changes after every Windows Update.

Did anybody face this problem before? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,579 Views)

I believe you can find such info in the registry, see under : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate

(that is for XP, could be different for 7)

You have functions in the connectivity palette to read / write registry keys, and example VI in LabVIEW example finder to see how to ise these.

Hope this helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 2 of 5
(2,573 Views)

This solution looks pretty cool!! I guess the attribute 'FeaturedUpdatesNotificationSeqNumGenTime' tells me when the last Windows Update was executed??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,545 Views)
Solution
Accepted by z.ben

Just google the key name and you'll probably find documentation on Microsoft's website. And if that's not exactly the key you nedd look in the related links until you get the one you want.

Hope that helps

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 4 of 5
(2,525 Views)

Thanks a lot for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,512 Views)