From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design of a Refrigerator

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to lab view and I am currently working on a project to design a Thermoelectric Refrigerator.I am well aware about the specifications of the project but I would like to design and Simulate the prototype first using Labview.I am not sure of the software to be used in LabView.So could anyplease help me out in choosing the software in Labview for the design and to get out a Simulation?I have attached a rough draft of the design along with this Question...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hash2020

What do you mean by "software in LabVIEW"?

LabVIEW is software.  It is a programming language.  It is especially suited for communicating with real world devices such as lab instruments and data acquisition cards.

Perhaps you are looking for the NI LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module  which is a package that adds simulation features to LabVIEW.

Message 2 of 10
(3,887 Views)

Thank You very much but could you tell me is it possible to simulate the Thermocouple and analyse them?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,882 Views)

Hi Hash,

yes, it's possible to simulate the thermocouple: use a random function and add an offset Smiley Wink

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 10
(3,857 Views)

You can simulate almost anything in LV. What you need is a good model of the device or system you wish to simulate.

For your refrigerator do you want to simulate the electrical or thermal behavior of the thermoelectric device? Do you have good models for the devices? In your later post you mention thermocouples.  Although thermocouples and thermoelectric devices are closely related theoretically, in practice they are condiered to be significantly different devices.  Which do you want to simulate?

You image shows solar cells and batteries as well as the components typically used for a refrigerator, but does not show the relationships among any of the devices.  Ary you trying to make a solar powered refrigerator?

Lynn

Message 5 of 10
(3,843 Views)

Hi Lynn

Understand my problem I am new to Labview. I am using 8051 microcontroller,TE40451 Thermoelectric manufactured by tellurex company,and I have a good model design of the refrigerator.Now I have to integrate all these components together and Simulate to get a proper design and to check its working simulation before getting to do the real time project.Now when I installed LabView on my system there are various modules like control design,mobile module,FPGA module,etc can you guys suggest me a way to learn and integrate all these components in Labview in a better way

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,787 Views)

Control design module may be of use.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 7 of 10
(3,785 Views)

Do you have Multisim? You could use that so simulate your circuits.

LabVIEW is a programming language and can be used for simulations, but it does not have a lot of built in tools to make a simulation easy.  Since you are new to LV, developing a good simulation of your refrigerator might be more effort than you are ready to put into it.  I have written some simulations in LV. You could probably write a simple simulation which showed how everything is intended to work without too much trouble.  To write a simulation good enough for design evaluation is probably a big job.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,752 Views)

Hi 

Lynn thanks for your help.i have learnt a lot for the past two weeks regarding NI Circuit.Now I am clearly specifying what things I would need to simualte to give out a sketch as we do in MATLAb and Solidworks.I would like to design the

1)Outer and Inner Design of the Refrigerator

2)Interfacing it with a Solar Panel and a Thermocouple.

Before purchasing the different components I would like to simulate and verify it.

I Have NI LAB view and there are different modules in it.Please suggest me which module I have to install.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,700 Views)

LabVIEW itself is a progrmming language which is designed to make test and measurement programming easy. While it is certainly possible to write simulation programs in LV, it may not be easy.  Programming LV is done graphically but producing a Solidworks-like drawing would be a major undertaking.  You are probably better off using Solidworks and MATLAB for the mechanical and thermal design and simulation.

The electrical circuits could probably be simulated using Multisim.  Multisim is a separate product of National Instruments not a part of LV.

The term "module" is not usually used with LV.  Are you referring to the icons for functions and subVIs used on the block diagram?  When you place those on the diagram and wire them up, you are programming in LV.  I suggest that you work through the online tutorials for getting started with LV.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,690 Views)