From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dequeue element fails

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I was working as normal and suddenly deqeue element stopped working and I cannot discover the root of the error.  

I am trying to do something very simple, namely react to a mouse down on a cluster of three booleans.

snip.png

In the above screenshot the first enqueued case executes fine on the consumer loop, there are no errors and the queue is just refereneced for the dequeue, when the program attempts to dequeue [2] I get the following reponse:

Error 1 occurred at Dequeue Element in xxx.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.

The error comes out of the dequeue vi.  I can run state [2] no problem separately but when I run state [1] first even though the queue is not operated on except to dequeue, I get the above error.  This was actually working but now it is not, (I'm baffled).

Does anyone know what is going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,058 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SeanJ

Too embarassing!  The loop control was true, I changed it to false.  This was releasing the queue and cause the failure and hence the reason I was geting a dequeue error.

I was right in fornt of me! Argh!

Message 2 of 2
(3,039 Views)