LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Shared Variablie in Installer

Solved!
Go to solution
I am having an issue with a shared variable in my application.  This application is built into an installer to be installed on a machine without labview.  After looking around I came across this link and think that it is close to what I need.  The only difference is that the link refers to an executable, and the following step is what is throwing me off:

1. Use the Path input of the Deploy Library invoke node to point to the library(s) containing your shared variables. If the library(s) were included in the executable's Support Directory as directed above, the library(s) will copied to the executable's data folder.  Point the Path input to these library(s).

Since I am not using an executable, I do not have a "data folder" to point the invoke node towards.  I am sure that other people must have run into this problem and am very interested to hear how it was solved.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,536 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jon_mcbee
As a follow up I found this link which may shed a little bit more light on the situation.

Shared Variables and Stand-Alone Applications or Shared Libraries

If you plan to distribute a stand-alone application that uses shared variables, do not include the .lvlib file in an LLB or in the executable. Use the Source File Settings page of the Application Properties dialog box to change the Destination of the .lvlib file to a destination outside the executable or LLB. You can deploy the shared variables in two ways:

• Write the application so that it programmatically deploys shared variables at start time. Call the Deploy Library method in the top-level VI of the application. In the Library Path input of the method, use the relative path to the .lvlib file that contains the shared variable.
  • Manually deploy the shared variables to the computer or target Shared Variable Engine before running the built application.

If you plan to distribute a shared library that uses shared variables, do not include the .lvlib file in the shared library. Use the Source File Settings page of the Shared Library Properties dialog box to change the Destination of the .lvlib file to a destination outside the shared library.

Message 2 of 2
(2,529 Views)