cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent .net assembly fails to load

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have written a .net assembly that has dependencies. I am using 2 PCs one for development and one for production in the lab, both running LV2014 SP1. I find that everything works correctly on the development machine but on the production machine -- I can instantiate the public class (via the constructor) but no public members are visible (properties or methods). There are no error messages. I installed visual studio on the production machine and built the assembly locally from identical source still no joy. 

I am using a project and all the assemblies are in the same directory under the directory containing the project file.

Using VIew>.NET Assembies in Memory I notice that a dependency does not appear to be loaded on the production machine. How do I go about fixing this? Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a log somewhere that might tell me why labview is not loading the dependency?

Any advice or Ideas greatly appreciated.

baldrik.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,591 Views)

Added text to first question

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,587 Views)

I forgot to add that the dependency actually appears in the dependency list in project explorer, but is not loaded into memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,541 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author baldrik

I found that the depenency had its own dependency chain (via dependencywalker) and that an assembly in this chain was not installed. Not a labview problem after all. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,512 Views)