From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent .net assembly fails to load

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have written a .net assembly that has dependencies. I am using 2 PCs one for development and one for production in the lab, both running LV2014 SP1. I find that everything works correctly on the development machine but on the production machine -- I can instantiate the public class (via the constructor) but no public members are visible (properties or methods). There are no error messages. I installed visual studio on the production machine and built the assembly locally from identical source still no joy. 

I am using a project and all the assemblies are in the same directory under the directory containing the project file.

Using VIew>.NET Assembies in Memory I notice that a dependency does not appear to be loaded on the production machine. How do I go about fixing this? Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a log somewhere that might tell me why labview is not loading the dependency?

Any advice or Ideas greatly appreciated.

baldrik.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,584 Views)

Added text to first question

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,580 Views)

I forgot to add that the dependency actually appears in the dependency list in project explorer, but is not loaded into memory.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author baldrik

I found that the depenency had its own dependency chain (via dependencywalker) and that an assembly in this chain was not installed. Not a labview problem after all. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,505 Views)