LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency not copied at build

Hi everybody

I have a project which I want to build and the current focus is on two DLL which are called. Those DLL are contained in a lvlib located in the project dependencies.

Build specification:

In the source file settings I set the DLL's destination directory:

Capture.PNG

Now what happens is that one DLL is copied to the destination folder, the other one is not. Both DLLs are implicitly called by the program...

Anyone can hand out some advice?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,866 Views)
Is one of the DLLs located in System32? If so, I don't think it will get pulled into the build specification because it's a 'system' DLL so it's expected that it would be in the same place (System32) on the target computer.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,844 Views)

No, neither of them is located there. Both DLLs are located in the same user.lib path. The locations are identical.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Are you specifying both by path? If you specify by name, LabVIEW won't automatically include it. If you specify by path, it will be automatically included. http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvexcodeconcepts/locations_for_shared_libraries/

The obvious solution to this is to add the DLL to your project and then set them to 'always include' in the build specification, but it's weird that one is being included and the other isn't.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,817 Views)

Speculating...

Are the VIs that cal into the DLLs located in the same folder and the DLLs they call AND marked as always include in the build?

Done with the speculating.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,798 Views)