cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting plot definitions from chart / graph legend

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to remove plots definitions from a chart, but I cannot seem to find the way to do it. While I can add new plots by simply expanding the legend or clicking on the grey box, there seems to be no way to get rid of them, and this becomes especially annoying when you are using a scrollbar and there is a 'graveyard' of unused plots at the bottom. Unfortunately, changing the number of legend rows will only change the size of the legend but not the number of plots, so that doesn't quite do the trick when using a scrollbar.

I have only been able to find this

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361L-01/lvhowto/pl_number/ 

which does not actually set the number of plots, but the legend display size

Does anybody know a way to get rid of them? Or some sort of workaround?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,029 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gongniu

In addition to changing the size of the plot legend, you can also adjust the minimum number of plots to display. Make sure this isn't too high.

Assuming that you've fixed that to a low enough value (e.g. 4) you need to wire data with fewer plots to the waveform chart. I wired a constant 0 to the input and ran the VI and it immediately reduced the size of the legend (and the number of visible plots) to the value I specified for the minimum and legend size (4).

GCentral
Message 2 of 4
(4,023 Views)

Thanks cbutcher!

Setting LegPlotMin and LegNumRows in the property node deleted the extra plots. The behavior doesn't seem very intuitive.

Cheers,

Gongniu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,995 Views)

(Also have a look at this idea.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,978 Views)