LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete plot definitions from chart

Hi Thoric,

as i said, you have defined 27 plots in the graph properties. Open the properties and go to the plot page. Delete all plots from 12 to 27, you can do it if you clean the name control.

Mike

Message 11 of 25
(3,147 Views)
I know I have 27 defined plots - that's precisely what I'm trying to delete. If I go to Properties -> Plot and replace each plot name with a blank, they don't go away. They just have no plot name anymore.

If I programmatically do the same thing, they still remain. There simply seems to be no way to remove defined plots - at all! Programmatically or otherwise! LV is starting to get me mad Smiley Mad

Message Edited by Thoric on 07-23-2008 02:16 PM
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 25
(3,143 Views)

Hi Thoric,

i think you have to do it manually. If you go to the properties and clear the names for all from 12 to 27, then they are deleted. Thats the way i did it. Smiley Happy

Mike

Message 13 of 25
(3,140 Views)
This is what I have now, having cleared the plot name entries in the Properties dialogue manually. Clearly they still exist. I just can't shift them! Smiley Sad

Message Edited by Thoric on 07-23-2008 02:22 PM

Message Edited by Thoric on 07-23-2008 02:23 PM

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(3,136 Views)
Hi Thoric,
but after closing the propertie window they should be deleted.
Mike

[EDIT] If you simply change the number from 11 to 12 and back (on the first page) then all others are also gone Smiley Happy [/EDIT]

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-23-2008 03:28 PM
Message 15 of 25
(3,131 Views)
Nope. I've even closed down LV. Restarted LV and loaded the vi. They're still there, as in that screenshot above.

Out of curiosity I saved the vi as version 8.0, and loaded it into LV 8.0. In there, I removed the string entries, and indeed they DID disappear.
It would seem there are differences between 8.0 and 8.5.1 (which I'm using). Clearly in 8.5.x you are allowed plot entries with a blank string, whereas in 8.0 a blank string can be used to indicate the plot is no longer needed and hence LV deletes it.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25
(3,125 Views)

MikeS81 wrote:

[EDIT] If you simply change the number from 11 to 12 and back (on the first page) then all others are also gone Smiley Happy [/EDIT]

Hi Thoric,
this works.
Mike
Message 17 of 25
(3,123 Views)
Aha! That worked!!!! Brilliant! Your edit suggestion of changing the number from 11 to 12 worked perfectly! It removed the plots with no name! How can I do this programmatically though?????

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(3,122 Views)

Hi Thoric,

i think you don´t need it programmatically. You can set it to one in the properties, but if you set it programmatically to more, you will also see all specified plots.

Mike

Message 19 of 25
(3,120 Views)
You are right. I do not need to worry as long as I set the defined plots to none.
For those interested, see the attachment. The vi will draw 18 lines and auto-manage the legend. Click Remove 16 plots to remove all but the last two. The legend will shrink automatically.

This works perfectly for me! Thank you very much for your assistance Mike, couldn't have done it without you!

(Unfortunately I can't rate your messages, I don't have enough posts yet apparently Smiley Sad )

Message 20 of 25
(3,090 Views)