From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definiton of Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Dobrý den,

Momentálně pracuji na teoretické části mé diplomové práce, která se týká programování v Labview. Potřeboval bych pár hlubších informací o programu. Otázka zní:

- Labview vychází z principů procedurálního, objektového nebo úplně jiného programování?

Předěm děkuji za odpověď. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,603 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lavicka49

From Google Translate:

@lavicka49 wrote:
I am currently working on the theoretical part of my thesis, which concerns programming in Labview. I need some deeper information about the program. The question is:

- Labview is based on the principles of procedural, object-oriented or completely different programming?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Since this is for a thesis, it is important to note that LabVIEW stands for Laboratory Virtual Instrument Engineering Workbench.  So the capitalization actually matters (it is actually an acronym).

But to your question, LabVIEW is a Dataflow language.  It does have aspects of procedural, OO, and functional programming as part of the language.  But what is important is the data (on the wires) and how it is passed to the next function(s).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,586 Views)