cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connectivity toolkit and Microsoft office excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I've come out an exe program using the database toolkit to write/read the data to excel template.

The exe installed in the target PC without microsoft office and not doubt it give an error code of -41106.

So, if the target PC map to the server PC which has the microsoft office install, and the exe prompt to the template excel to write/read, will this work??

Do have any other solution other than require to have microsoft office to be install in target PC?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimonChin

I'm not familiar with the "Database Toolkit".  I'm pretty sure that the Report Generation Toolkit, which lets you open Excel WorkBooks, read them, and write them, requires Microsoft Excel to be installed where the software is running.  I must say that I've never tried to build an Executable that uses the RGT and attempted to run it on a PC without Excel -- I am only assuming that it will fail.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 7
(884 Views)

You need a licence for Microsoft Office, if you are going to use Report Generation Toolkit for Excel/Word documents.

We also used templates to write our reports, but it wouldn't do it without a licence (it would just open a blank word document and throw an error).

I don't think you can use a licence on another computer/server to do this, it needs to be locally activated office (at least i didn't have any success with this).

In the end we gave an option to disable report generation and plan on replacing it with PDF (Carya Toolkit one) report generation.

In the meantime we use another program (non-LabVIEW) to gather data from the database and generate a pdf report.

Message 4 of 7
(850 Views)

Hi MaSta,

I have the template which have define name.

Can the Claudie_xls function able to dump the data array to the define name template?

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(825 Views)

Hi AeroSoul,

You're right, verify with the server system, it not able to do this, only work with local license.

Possible for you to share with us another program (non labview) to gather data.

Thanks,

Simon

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(820 Views)

Unfortunately it's proprietary, so i can not share it.

Even if i could it probably wouldn't be helpful to you since it was specifically made for our use case.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(773 Views)