LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is there but the graph just doesn't show it. Something is wrong with the number of points

I am totally baffled as to why I can't seem to plot a simple graph with my latest program.

Attached is the VI. It is used on a cRIO and runs on the RT controller. It sends a string out the comm port, and is constantly reading 3 encoder inputs. All of this works fine.
I obtain data (I can see it as a big array of data) but when I create a chart, I see nothing, no matter what options I choose. Is this something with the cRIO? uggg...

I take an example from the Labview examples and it works fine. If I take that chart and copy it into my project, the X axis labels dissappear.  And it doesn't work..

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,533 Views)

hmm works fine on my pc, but not on the cRIO. As soon as I create a graph or chart on the cRIO, the x axis labels dissappear. 
The strange thing is I am almost SURE that I had multiple plot graphs running on this cRIO in the past. UGH..

Anyone ever see anything like this? I've got the latest software (8.2 LV, VISA 4.0, etc..) and the cRIO works just fine otherwise.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,535 Views)
Hello,

If this behavior is only at run-time, it sounds like a screen updating issue.  Which front panel are you observing?  If it's the FPGA front panel, that communication is done via tcp and often cannot keep up with your FPGA VIs acquisition - screen update issues in this case are common.

This statement, however, makes me think you're seeing this at edit time:

"As soon as I create a graph or chart on the cRIO, the x axis labels dissappear."

In that case, if possible please post a screenshot, a set of specific instructions to reproduce the problem, and attach the project and relevant code so I know all the details such as which VIs are running on which targets.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,505 Views)
Hi JLS, thanks for the response. I posted these pics at the RT forum.

There's been a slight change. I went to the "Add/Remove" software at the rio and added the following (which were not installed)
Datasocket (4.4)
PID (8.2)
Network Variable Engine (1.2.0)
Variable Client (1.2.0)

Of course maybe none of these did anything but now I can see the x scale but there is another problem lol...

Attached is a screen shot of a new graph after I place it on the desktop. The x scale is there but it ends about 1/4 of the way across the screen and I can't move it!

Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,472 Views)

Hello,

That is weird. 

Is this every time you place a new waveform graph? 

How about waveform charts? 

Any other controls or indicators displaying strangely? 

Are you setting any properties, perhaps programmatically?

Is this only happening for VIs under an RT target?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I don't recall seeing anything like this before.

Definitely post with any additional information you have!

Best Regards,

JLS

Message Edited by JLS on 12-18-2006 11:38 AM

Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,431 Views)

Sorry JLS but I sort of "double posted" with this question.

I found out it depended upon where I placed my control.

It could be a graph or chart, either one, it was only on the cRIO (doesn't do it on my labview PC desktop).

Here's the link to the same issue

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=220723&query.id=8478#M220723

Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,411 Views)
No problem 🙂

It's probably a good thing that you had the conversation in that thread since it looks like an RT-specific issue - that's the place for it!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,384 Views)