From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data entry range ignored by numeric control

Hello,

I am coding an application on LabView. One of the control accessible by the user is a numeric control situated on the front panel. I would like the value of this control contained in a certain range, say 0 and 100. I accessed the properties of the control and changed the maximum and minimum values in the "Data entry" tab. But when I run the software and try to change the value of this control, the accepted range is 0 to 50. For example, if I change it to 70, it coerces it down to 50.

I tried to change "Response to value outside limits" from coerce to ignore but it did not help.

I also tried to set the maximal accepted value of this control, connecting the constant "100" to one of its property nodes but it did not help.

I also tried go back the default -Inf to Inf in the Data Entry tab of the control but it did not help either.

I am out of idea and really don't understand why my control applies a different range than the one I set. My LabVIEW version is 14.0.1 (32-bit). I would really appreciate if someone had already seen such problem and knew how to solve it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,745 Views)

Hi vic,

whenever you have a problem with your VI you should attach that VI!

That being said: check the properties of this control (again)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,739 Views)

"coerce" is the right setting. Does the control have associated units?

Yes, please attach a simple VI that contains the control.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,682 Views)