cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition using Labview FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi crossrulz,

I had implemented the wait inappropriately in my FPGA which I later fixed it. Also I had the coercion dot in my target. It was due to the word length of my FIFO. I later changed it to take care of the dot. But still the output wave was too fast. Now according to your suggestion, I changed the FIFO data type to SGL. Now I almost have the correct wave (Please refer to the attached waveform image). I think it is because I still encounter a FIFO timeout. Should increasing the delay bit more do the trick? I also switched to using waveform graph, which I think might be more convenient for later exporting its data to excel. Please let me know if that is true.

Thank You

P.S: Please find the attached project, host and target VIs for reference

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(346 Views)

1. Your Count(uSec) on the FPGA is defaulting to 0 and I don't see anywhere that you are changing that value.  Change it to a constant and make it 10uS to give you a sample rate of 100kS/s.

2. Your FIFO size is too small.  Increase it to be 2047 elements.  This will give you a buffer size a little more than 2 full reads of the host.  You should change this value on the Host VI as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(344 Views)

Hi,

I set the count on FPGA to a constant. I also increased the FIFO size to 2047 on both sides. But still the FIFO timeout indicator glows as soon as I start the execution. It means that I am loosing data, right? But the wave appears to be continuous and has some DC offset (I expect 1Khz 2Vpp sine wave). Also I noticed that when I changed the data type of FIFO to SGL, a coercion dot appears after the FPGA I/O node in FPGA VI. Is this causing the offset?

Please find the attached VIs and waveform image.

Thanks a lot!!

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(340 Views)